Download the complete guide to being a head of music.
Written by Patrick Gazard with guest contributions from Jane Werry and David Ashworth, this book will tell you everything you need to know about leading a secondary school music department.
Dedicated chapters for:
- What does a head of music do?
- Devising and delivering the music curriculum
- Using technology effectively in the music classroom
- Trips and visits
- The main school concert
- Competitions, festivals and recordings
- The school musical
- The music tour
- Open evenings: making them work for you
- You and your senior students
- Managing and motivating your visiting music teachers
- Managing money
- Setting a good example
- Working with and managing colleagues
- Continuing professional development
- Work/life balance
- Putting your school on the musical map